Magnificent Marmalade Minions! (Did you spot the alliteration?)
Hope you all had a great weekend. What did you get up to? I am eager to hear all about it!
This week, we conclude activities on our class reader- MEGABOY!
We would be looking at some of key elements the author and illustrator have used to make this book quite engaging. They have used:
- Adjectives- these are describing words such as big, green etc
- Speech bubbles and speech marks- can you spot some speech bubbles in the video?
- Onomatopoeia– these are words that describe a sound and mimic the actual sound they make like- Pow! Meow! Zap! Fwooom!
Your tasks for this week is:
- Using the characters you created last week, write you own version of the ‘Megaboy’ story. Remember, your title would be the name of your new character e.g Supergirl. Use adjectives and conjunctions in your writing.
Remember that all good stories have a beginning (opening), middle (problem) and the end (solution or resolution). So think carefully about these factors below:
- Where is your story set? Is it set in a secret hideout in space or a submarine under the sea?
- What is the main problem in the story? For example, is the super villain (Super Sly Sister) trying to stop the children from helping the Queen?
- How was the problem solved or resolved?
CHALLENGE– Can you use some speech marks and onomatopoeia in your writing?
Remember, you can now share your work in the comment section below rather than the home learning email.
I can’t wait to see your amazing pieces of work. Remember, you have the entire week to complete this task so you can write a little each day. Enjoy!