Hello Year 2! We hope you and your families are OK, we miss you lots but have been SO happy to see all of your amazing home learning so keep sending it in.
This week’s learning will be focused on Spelling (we thought you could focus on using your neatest handwriting too)
We would like you to:
- Look at this game which tests you on the Common Exception words that Year 2 are expected to read and write. https://www.ictgames.com/littleBirdSpelling/
- Pick 10 Common Exception words for Year 2 and use them in a sentence. This will help you understand what they mean and will help your spelling AND handwriting.
- Create a word search using some of these words- can someone in your house find them all?
- Go on a Phonics hunt in one of the books you are reading at home. Open a page and look for any words that use split digraphs: a-e/e-e/i-e/o-e/u-e such as cake, Theme, nice, phone or tune. This is a tricky task so good luck.
- Remember when we wrote our own version of Oi Dog for homework? Can you create your own story using animals and rhyming words? Be as creative as you want!
Of course, there are games on Active Learn and Purple Mash which will keep you busy too. There are always books to be read, puzzles to be completed and creative activities too.
Stay safe our Super Sunflowers and Brilliant Buttercups,
Love from Mrs Taylor and Mrs Houghton