Ahoy shipmates! This week we will be thinking about the Theme All Aboard and doing some pirate based learning.
We know how much you enjoy project based tasks so we have given you lots of different options to explore.
- Can you design a pirate island and use compass directions and movement to find the buried treasure? Use our maps below to help, or create your own! Think about using left, right, up, down and any other positional language you might know.
- We have attached some maths challenges based on a book called Harry and the Jaggedy Daggers- see how many you can complete.
- Can you write a message in a bottle after your ship has been marooned on an island after a battle with a rival pirate ship? Think about what you might include and remember that you need to make sure the spelling is correct and the person finding the bottle can read your handwriting.
- Think about designing an outfit for the captain based on the properties of materials- would it be a good idea to make his boots out of paper? Why?
- Look at the art work of Bernard Hoyes. He is an artist from the Caribbean who uses bright colours to create his art. Make your own version of his ‘Dancing Lady’ art.
Of course, there are LOTS more ideas for creative projects and we cannot WAIT to see where your learning takes you. Remember to upload your hard work to our blog, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a brilliant week, love from Mrs Taylor and Mrs Houghton.[embeddoc url=”https://www.perryfields-pri.sandwell.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/T2-M-1385-Following-Directions-Left-Right-Clockwise-Anticlockwise_ver_1.pdf” download=”all” viewer=”google”][embeddoc url=”https://www.perryfields-pri.sandwell.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/page-2-map.doc” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”][embeddoc url=”https://www.perryfields-pri.sandwell.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/money-aa-ma.docx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”][embeddoc url=”https://www.perryfields-pri.sandwell.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/shape-questions.docx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”][embeddoc url=”https://www.perryfields-pri.sandwell.sch.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/statistics-questions.docx” download=”all” viewer=”microsoft”]