Hello Year 2! We hope you are all safe and well. This week we will be asking you to become scientists and think about all the Science learning you have done.
Again, there are a few options, linking to different areas of the curriculum, but all with a scientific link!
- Can you write a set of instructions to explain how to plant and grow cress seeds? Remember to include a ‘What you need’ section as well as ‘What to do’. You need to tell people how to keep the plant healthy too.
- Choose an animal (or more than one). Draw a picture of it and then explain where it can be found and what makes it suited to its habitat.
- Complete the attached minibeast reading comprehension – choose whether you would like to do level 1, 2 or 3.
- Our topic this term would have been all about Materials and their Uses. We would like you go on a Materials Hunt around your house and garden and make lists of all the items you can find which are made of wood, plastic, glass or metal.
- Complete the attached Waterproof Materials crossword.
- Have a go at the Materials assessment sheet.
- We have also uploaded some Year 2 Materials activities which can be carried out at home. Have fun!
- Using some of the smaller items you found on your Materials Hunt, can you estimate (guess) their length in centimetres. Write down each item with your estimate next to it. If you have a ruler or tape measure, you could use it to measure each item and see how close your estimates were!
Remember to keep practising your number bonds and times tables too, as well as enjoying some lovely reading and story times at home. We would love to see your hard work, so remember to upload it to our blog, or email to email@example.com
Have a great week, love from Mrs Taylor and Mrs Houghton.minibeasts-differentiated-reading-comprehension