Dear Magnificent Marmalade Minions,
I would like to say a big well done to you for your excellent performance in last week’s Reading VIPERS activity. You all used the different picture clues to tackle each question but most of all, I am very pleased that you attempted to read the passages all by yourselves!
This week, our flight would be taking us to Aeroplane Broadway where we would be exploring the history of aeroplanes! Have you heard about the Wright brothers? Well, these two American brothers Orville and Wilbur Wright were the first to design, build and fly an aeroplane. They had experimented with gliders and other vehicles in their garage before their successful flight on December 17th 1903.
A song about aeroplanes for you to enjoy as you work!
- This week, your creative activity would be to make an aeroplane or glider- It could be a paper aeroplane or you could be more adventurous and go for a 3D model. It is entirely up to you!
- Your written task is to write a set of instructions on how you made your aeroplane or glider!
– Remember to write a title. For example – How to make a paper aeroplane.
– Make a list of what you need.
– Use time words to order your instructions- First, Next, Then, After that, Finally
– Use bossy words/ imperative verbs in your sentences. For example- First, fold an A4 paper into 2 equal halves. ‘Fold‘ is the bossy word in that sentence and it comes after the times word which is ‘first‘.
– Do not forget your picture or drawing!
-Lastly, remember full stops! You can also use commas (,) after each time word. For example- First,
- You may use this template for your writing.
Enjoy and have a lovely week!